Checklists and checkboxes are some of the most valuable features that are used by professionals and students on all groups of documentations. It is effortless to add a square icon to create a checkbox on a printable ms Wordpad document. However, on interactive documents, we cannot do the same.
Considering the importance of checkboxes on documents, having clickable checkboxes on electronic documents makes everyone’s life easy.
Clickable checkboxes enable you to go paperless by effectively creating & circulating interactive documents like To-do lists, test questionnaires, surveys, agreements, etc. No matter if you need just one fillable check box or many, once you know the trick you can add as many checkboxes on the document as you want.
Microsoft word for pc belongs to the Microsoft office family. It is everyone’s go-to software when it comes to formatting official documents. As I said above how important it is to add checkboxes to documents these days.
In this article, I am going to share a step-by-step manual for you to describe how exactly you can accomplish adding a clickable checkbox to your advanced Microsoft word document.
How to add Clickable Checkbox in Word for Digital Documents
1. Open microsoft word processing software. Click on File.
2. Select Options to explore word options.
3. Click on Customize Ribbon on the left side menu.
4. Now look at the right-side menu and click on the down arrow icon to expand the dropdown menu underneath Customize the Ribbon option. Select Main Tabs.
5. Upon selecting Main Tabs, look for the Developer option in the list underneath. Tick the Developer checkbox. Click Ok to return to your Word document.
6. You will now notice a new option “Developer” added to your main toolbar. Click on it.
7. Select the Checkbox icon from the Controls section to insert the clickable checkbox.
8. Add as many checkboxes as you want.
9. I went ahead by adding a multiple-choice question on my word file and clicked the checkbox of the right answer to validate if it’s functional.
10. I clicked the first option to answer the question. (@archikangupta)
It is functional! YAY!!!!
You will notice an “x” upon clicking on the checkbox as it is in the screenshot above.
11. You can always change the appearance of it by replacing “x” with any symbol of your choice.
Change it by selecting the checkbox and clicking on Properties in the controls tab.
12. On content control properties pop up, look for the option “checked symbol”. Click change.
13. It will take you to the symbols menu. Select any symbol of your choice and click OK. Here I selected ticked checkbox symbol.
14. Now you will return to the content control properties menu where you will notice a changed icon appearance. Click Ok.
15. The final result should now look like this.
Subscribe to my Best Tech Newsletter!
Join many subscribers to get a monthly digest of tech & social media how-to’s, blogging tips, business tips, social media tips, and more.