Instagram, since its very inception, is a strong adherent of ‘Visuals over Text’. The fact that visuals are more appealing than text and users are more receptive to it, needs no backing. Social media marketers saw this as a welcoming opportunity. They were the ones who knew how to create professional Instagram account and thus capitalized on the merits of Instagram business accounts.
In 2020 50% of people were prompted to visit the website and purchase after seeing the product’s Instagram Stories and posts!
Instagram has now firmly launched itself as the most preferred social media marketing platform.
Still, most of us acknowledge Instagram as a photo and video sharing platform, but do you know?
Instagram business statistics reveal 90% of the users follow a business account. Why can’t that account be yours?
You’d certainly benefit by advertising your business on Instagram. May it be selling products, starting a small business, marketing an established business, or simply increasing brand awareness, a professional account holds the key to it.
Wondering how to create a professional Instagram account and be among your potential customers? Hang tight with me for the next 5 minutes or so.
Key focus that makes a business account outperform a private account on Instagram:
I know you must be excited to kick start your journey of starting an Instagram business with your professional Instagram account. But before that, let’s take a sneak peek into additional features offered by a professional account.
How to start an Instagram business page?
1. Download the Instagram app.
2. Open the “Signup with email or phone” Option. You’ll be asked to create a unique ‘Username.’
3. Provide an email id or phone number for verification.
Tip: Provide your business email or phone number so that people can easily find your account.
4. Click on “Complete Setup”
That’s all! Your Instagram profile is created.
By default, you’ll start with a personal account. Now let’s dig in on how to convert a personal account to a business account?
1. Go to your Instagram profile by tapping on your profile icon settled at the bottom right corner of the app.
2. Open ‘menu’ by tapping on the triple line icon in the top right corner of your screen.
3. Tap on Settings > Account
4. Scroll down slightly and look for “Switch to Professional Account,” tap on it.
5. Swipe through the multiple screens and select ‘Continue.’
6. Next, you need to select a suitable category for your brand from the options available. The selected category should best describe your business.
7. Review your selection and click “Done’‘
8. On the next page select “Business”.
9. You’ll be asked to link your existing Facebook business page to your Instagram business account. You can connect the page or skip this step for later by clicking on Skip.
Bingo! You made it! Your professional Instagram profile is ready to roll.
This is how a professional account looks like:
Customize your profile and start attracting your audience by posting Instagram posts for business.
Now that you’ve set up your Professional Instagram account, it’s time to scale up your business. Boost engagement on your account and drive quality leads using high-end professional tools and insights provided by Instagram.
More To Explore