Gmail app comes by default on all android phones which android users use to access their email with the ease of just a few taps. And the best part about the app is that you can log in as many accounts as you want to. It’s easy to use interface also allows you to switch between multiple emails with ease.
If we talk about the convenience of it then I would say it makes it really convenient for email users to keep track of their emails. However, it also becomes inconvenient when you stay logged in and you share your phone with other people a lot. It may expose your emails to anyone you share your phone with.
If you receive a lot of important emails on daily basis, it is best to either get into the habit of logging it out after every use, stop synching emails or not sharing the phone with others.
Tip: If you have other apps linked with google mail account and you just wish to stop receiving emails, in this case, it is recommended to stop synching email instead of removing it from the phone completely.
Warning: Keep that in mind that if you will log out your main Gmail account from the phone then it will log you out from play store as well as all other apps that are associated with that Gmail address.
Now that you are sure of signing out your gmail id from phone. Let’s get started with the process.
Here I am sharing a step by step video tutorial as well as manual for the same to make it easier for you to understand each step.
Video Tutorial – How To Logout Gmail From Phone
Step-by-step method is listed below:
1. Go to Gmail App on your android phone
2. Tap on horizontal triple line icon settled at the top left corner of your screen to open the menu
3. Scroll down and tap on Settings
4. Now tap on the email address that you intend to log out from the phone to go to the email-specific settings page
5. Tap on vertical triple-dot icon settled at the top right corner of your screen. It will then prompt you to two more options
6. Select Manage Accounts
7. Now tap on your Gmail id again
8. Tap on Remove Account when prompted
9. On the confirmation pop up at the bottom of your screen, tap on Remove account again
10. Now it will show you one more pop-up just to ask you if you are sure of removing that account, tap on OK
11. After tapping on OK, your account will be logged out and removed from Gmail app.
You can repeat the same process if you have more accounts logged in that are willing to remove.
Hope above tutorial was helpful! I am doing my best to provide video tutorial with all the articles for the ease of my visitors. To show your support please subscribe to my YouTube channel. Click here to subscribe.